By RSR Group
The Web Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of custom-built web applications to support RSR Group’s growing E-commerce business, in addition to bridging our current back-end infrastructure with new front-end web services. This position works with the various business units to define user interfaces and requirements. Responsibilities could include all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, testing, and integration and deployment to ensure quality products are delivered.
REGULAR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
Integrate data from various back-end services and databases operating on Linux Red Hat system.
Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our website.
Stay current with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Strong experience with python (Django/Django Rest Framework preferred) and PHP.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL, SQL and schema design.
- Experience with mobile development, including iOS and Android, is a plus.
- Experience with source control, preferably Git, and issue tracking systems like Jira.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing architectures and solutions for robust, secure and scalable web applications.
- Aggressive problem-diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
This position requires an undergraduate degree in a related field. Substantial experience and knowledge in IT can replace the educational requirement. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. The Web Developer must be able to manage multiple priorities and have strong organization and analytical skills. Other requirements include proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite programs and the ability to work independently.
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY BE ADDED, DELETED, OR CHANGED AT ANY TIME AT THE DISCRETION OF MANAGEMENT, FORMALLY OR INFORMALLY, EITHER VERBALLY OR IN WRITING.